Monday, August 06, 2007

back to work

Heather and I just returned from vacation, although I've decided it doesn't count as a vacation if it includes your in-laws and 5 nieces and nephews waking you up at 7 am every morning. But the start of our vacation was stressful but ultimately celebratory because Heather took and passed her worship exam in Portland. Now all she has to do is preach, write her PIF, and find a job in a Presbyterian Church-wait that sounds like a lot. One of the graders, who is a grader of the written tests, (Heather took her test orally) told Heather that she had a very strong pastoral presence, was very good at what she does, and was extremely pastoral and she said that Heather's actual gifts probably would not have come across in a written exam. Go figure..

I went to the Chase family reunion in St. Helen's Oregon for the first time. I had the pleasure of meeting 44 members of Heather's extended family, almost all of which were really nice to me. Of course who doesn't have the crazy family members that no one likes? I know I do, and Heather will never meet them.
We then flew to Florida to be with my family, and the 5 children under 7 years old who thought we were their personal entertainment units. We biked, swam, canoed, ran around, and had a good time hanging out with the family. We also got to celebrate my father's 65th birthday as a family, which was a big deal. We also got to spend the week with the brand new addition to the family, our niece Kai, who is now almost 2 months old, she is of course perfect. Our 7 year old niece already has the hip jut, hands on hips, eye roll thing down, where in the world do they learn that stuff? It was a good time, we are both exhausted. Now back to work. Heather is gearing up for Sunday school and Bible study to start again and I'm currently sitting at my desk trying to juggle water bottles, I'm a model employee.
Hope all is well. Here in Atlanta it's 95 degrees outside by 8 am and we are looking forward to fall.

No comments: