Friday, July 27, 2007

Greetings from Wilbur





Hello all -


Lars and I are keeping busy during our summer in Wilbur. The days have been hot and we splurged on two small air-conditioning units and spend most of the days indoors. My brother Will visited earlier this week and we spent several days just north of here at Lake Roosevelt. Beautfiul weather for sunning and swimming, though I have one of the worst sunburns in recent memory. We also picked a huge amount of Raspberries at one of my parishoner's homesteads and I am still working my way through them. Plus we went to see the Crop Circles outside of town - life in Wilbur is far from dull!


We have been busy in our garden (see pictures above). We have had a few squash and some peas before it got to hot for them. Today was the first tomato harvest and the vines are heavy with the promise of more to come. I am really eager to enjoy them!


We have a busy schedule in the fall. I am going to Washington DC for a confrence at the Catherdral College there. It is called Preaching as Testimony and is a confrence specifically for ordained young women preachers. The guest speaker is Anna Carter Florence. I am nervous about the travel but it should be fun. Then later in the month Lars and I will be visiting the Bay Area as some of you already know. That should be a nice break. Other than that the schedule is full with visiting family and the normal church work.


Things continue to go well at the church. They are remodeling my office and I will have to post a photo when they are done. New paint, carpet, blinds, desk, shelves, and wing back chairs. It is a dream. Hard to believe we are coming up on one year in the ministry. Hurrah! I am planning a harp concert for October as my anniversary gift to the community.


Well - thats all for now. Enjoy your summer everyone and I wish you were here to help eat tomatoes and raspberries!
- Love - Heather


2 comments:

steph said...

I am so impressed by your gardening, Heather!! Very cool. I hope we can have a small garden next year. Getting the grass to grow is still a priority this year. I was out watering late last night...just too dang dry in Western Michigan this year.

Good to see you both -- you're looking very content. Miss you and think of you often.

steph said...

BTW, love the garden gate!!