Sunday, May 06, 2007

New Jobs

Heather and I have both had two weeks to settle into our new jobs, not that two weeks mean we necessarily get to settle into anything. My church fired their church secretary two days before I started, so right now I'm a church secretary. I make copies and use my M.Div to use a hole punch and figure out whether or not to capitalize church in the bulletin. It's really hard. Also the Episcopal Church has just entered into full communion with the Methodist Church, so I have found my ordination loop hole. I can be ordained in the Episcopal Church and get to pester (I mean serve) in the Methodist Church. Heather's church is going well. She is running into all of that church stuff that you run into in a new job; politics, loyalties, and the crazy parishioners who if you let them could take up all of your time.
But the good news is that we are moving into our new house. We just painted all of the rooms, the previous owners had painted EVERY SINGLE ROOM a crazy, institutional yellow. The living room is red and for right now the rest is white. We are putting in an herb garden and we are planning our garden in the backyard. It was very inspirational to see Heather and Lars garden on its way, makes me want to go out back. We have to teach Roux to stay out of the mommies strawberries, she loves strawberries. If anyone knows anything about the growing zone we are in I would love the advice.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

Correction to my post, the two churches have not yet entered into full communion. The Episcopals voted to have it happen at their 2006 General Convention and the Methodists will vote on it at their 2008 Convention, both churches think it will pass without problems. They have been in talks about this since 1962, congrats on churches that can get things done in a timely fashion.

Anitra said...

Ah well - I think the Episcapals have snappier threads in any case.

Anitra