Friday, February 01, 2008

Snow daze

Well, here we are! Winter has definitely arrived and it shore is purty! This is a photo of Hope College Dimnant Chapel -- inside reminds me a whole lot of Stewart Chapel but about three times as large -- really beautiful.
It has been snowing most of today...and snowing...and snowing...outside my office window, the icy branches have tiny red berries still clinging on for all they're worth! The seminary was actually closed due to weather this past Wednesday for the first time in 15 years!

Life is good. I have been appointed by Dean VanDyk as an adjunct faculty for next academic year to co-teach a class for seniors "Launching Your Ministry." How cool is that??? And yesterday I submitted my application for the DMin program (what am I thinking???). Having a great time -- love what I'm doing here, love the people who put up with me, love our home and love you all for being so supportive when all this started. I've been here one year and 30 days. Can you believe it?

Jim started a "seminary singers" group with yours truly as accomplice -- however the students have suggested another name: Creme de la Croom! We sang in Chapel this morning -- not up to SFTS standards as far as numbers go but the majority of folks here seem to read music so it makes for fun rehearsals.

Almost time to trundle out and scrape the windscreen! So TTFN and loads of love to you all!

2 comments:

Pastor Heather said...

Steph - Can't believe you have been there a year. That new class sounds awesome. We sure have had a winter here. The nearest major town (spokane) was closed all week last week due to snow. Which is a pain becuase I have to drive in at least once a week for braces. I have been thinking about you TaeKwanDo ladies as I recently purchsed a TaeBo video and have been kicking my own butt into shape. Makes me miss our group punching sessions. - Heather

Anitra said...

how fun! Congrats on the D.Min. program... isn't God fun?