Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Update on Heather

Friends - Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I have survived the gum graft. For a while there I was really swollen and black and blue. I was calling myself "Big League Chew" since only half my face was doubled in size. There was no way I could do church on Sunday so Lars filled in reading my sermon and leading worship. He was a big hit and is now in demand, which is good because I have more sick days coming up. Right now I am still tender on the roof of my mouth and I look like Frankenstein at the graft site but its not too bad. I got my stitches out yesterday which was a big improvement. There is a bit of an issue with an area where I have lost feeling at the graft site and I need to go back and have it taken care of, but not until I recover from my big surgery. Next week I start the braces preparation, its like a never ending nightmare for this girl who hates the dentist chair. Thanks for your prayers.

1 comment:

Anitra said...

I'm doing some less crazy but still intense dental work. I couldn't imagine doing what you are doing. I admire you!