Thursday, August 02, 2007

We Are Here

So I'm sitting at my desk trying to figure out how to write a Prayer of Confession and have managed to kill the last hour playing with the do-it-yourself feature of Google map.

I've posted markers for where everyone is - everyone that i know where they are - more or less. Let me know if there are more/better locations to post. Or if you have a good prayer of confession. Somehow Hey God, sorry 'bout that which is actually pretty comprehensive if you think about it probably won't go so well in a full on worship service.

click here - hope it works! My next plan to kill a few more hours is getting Jen's dates of ordination up on the upcoming dates list.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Hi, Anitra,
A great resource for worship prep is the Midrash newsgroup. To subscribe, go here: To subscribe, e-mail: midrash-subscribe@joinhands.com. It's an email forum of mainliine pastors from all over the US, UK, and Canada. Current discussions of this week's lectionary passages, sermon ideas, order of worship (Thom Shuman's worship services are great.) You'll get A LOT of email.
Another resource is the Seasons of the Spirit Congregational Life packet. See if your home church has that.
Thanks for the map link. Yes, I'm back in Portland and we're both "on the beach." Pray that kairos and chronos come together soon.
Bob

steph said...

I was gonna suggest Thom Shuman's worship resource, too, Bob. You can find it here without subscribing if you're in a hurry and it sounds like you might be, Anitra!! :)
http://lectionaryliturgies.blogspot.com/

BTW, thanks for the map -- very cool. We are closer than we think!!

Hey to you, Bob! I'm in casual-dress-Friday mode -- wore my new beach t-shirt and big ol' hoop earrings to work today. I'm one of about 7 people actually HERE! Wish I was on the beach. Hey to Sue, too!

Love to you all!!!