Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Grist for the Mill

There have been a few interesting resources coming into my life lately that I'd like to share with you. The first is a book by William Willimon. Its titled simply, "Pastor". I'm only through the introduction so far and have already found it to be helpful, inspiring, and timely. I will recommend it to you all as "continuing education."

The second is one I found today in my search for resources to lead our process for discernment about becoming an Open and Affirming (ONA) congregation (think More Light). This is a beginning place for looking at the scriptural basis of conversations around human sexuality, LGBT issues, and the church. I believe it will lead one to further helpful articles and links. It might be useful for those who need or want to talk openly about these issues with their congregations, Presbyteries, and CsOM. See it at
http://www.soulforce.org/article/homosexuality-bible-walter-wink

Finally, I thank you all who came to Kenwood on Feb. 18, who called or wrote, or who have simply prayed for me on that most wonderful day, or since then. You continue to bless and inspire me!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

For those of you who have not read it and are looking for resources for congregations I would also strongly recommend Jack Rogers book.

Anitra said...

there is a ton, no, two tons of eletronic bits devoted to every single angle (biblical, spiritual, biological, polity, theological, intellectual, biographical, personal, ethical...) at www.covenantnetwork.org.

We have broadcast quality videos (on PBS stations across the country); we have books, we have pamplets, we have Powerpoint presentations, we have sermons, we have presentations, we have massive, highly detailed currriculums... if it is possible to talk sense into folks - we've made the effort and there is some mighty fine stuff here, for free and damn near free.

Just thought I'd mention it.

www.covenantnetwork.org