Monday, September 11, 2006

News from Wilbur





Hello friends - Lars and I had a wonderful weekend in Wilbur. We looked at houses on Saturday and have picked out a small fixer-upper. Hopefully we can make it our own soon. Had a potluck with church members on Saturday night. It was a joy to meet people, share great food, and try on being their pastor. I think all had fun. Sunday went well. I really enjoyed worshipping with the congregation. There was a lot of joy and excitement in the air. The sermon went well. We went next door to wait for the vote which was a little nerve racking but happily we returned to positive news. I was voted in by a large majority! Lars and I are thrilled and I really feel so good about this. The church community and I are a really good match. Now all I need is to survive those pesky Trials next weekend! - Heather J

5 comments:

Anitra said...

this is so outstanding! I'm very excited for you and look forward to hearing all the good news... Anitra

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Heather! So glad things are going well -- you rock!

Bob said...

Yes! Congratulations, Heather. You'll be a great pastor.
Bob

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather!! WOW! You are the "bees' knees" -- very excting! Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Miss you!!

Cheryl said...

I will add my most heartfelt and sincere congratulations. I'm with Ms. Aimee You so Rock!