Friday, April 04, 2008

This wasn't covered in our Reformed Worship Class

The folks at the Santa Rosa Universal Unitarian congregation has invited me back to preach again. This is #4 I think. Its always interesting - and this time promises to be even more so.

The choir has been given the sunday off in favor of this group: Shanti-Shanti.





I will be preaching on Christian-eco theology. Or at least trends - but this also involves teaching about theology and why its not a bad thing to have around.

Personally, I think Jesus would probably be tapping his toes (if not whirling around) big time on the music but I'm wondering exactly how the sermon & this group are going to go together in the service.

The group is listing both services as a "concert" on their web site.

So potentially the community of New Age spirituality will be significantly present at this service.

I think I'll be thinking of Paul who kept wondering into town squares and proclaiming the good news to mixed effect....

5 comments:

Jenn said...

All I have to say is WOW. Good luck Anitra and have fun with it. I will be interested to know how it turns out.

Pastor Heather said...

Um . . . OK I have to admit that the longer I am out of California the stranger these things seem to me. Good luck Anitra and God Be With You!

steph said...

So....how'd it go???

Anitra said...

um, donno yet or maybe I already do but I'm not tranced out enough to be in touch with my future reality... This happens at the end of the month.

On the other hand, the church has already cut me a check so I may actually be more in touch with how its going to go then I know

Anitra said...

update: it turns out that Shanti Shanti needed to reschedule. So it will be a little more normal Unitarian service w a Trinitarian preacher...