Thursday, November 01, 2007

California, here I come

Hello everyone! I am excited to announce that this morning I accepted a call to be a campus minister at Santa Clara University! My position is one of seven full-time campus ministers at SCU (which is a Jesuit university near San Jose), and I'll be focused on the needs of Protestant students and coordinating ecumenical and interfaith ministries for the campus. I officially start in January, and at this point it looks like my ordination will be December 30 at my home church - Westminster Presbyterian, Portland. I'll send more details when I've got 'em, of course.

This job at Santa Clara is one that came across my desk while I was still in Geneva, but because I was not exactly available for a face-to-face interview, they decided not to proceed with me...but then I discovered over the summer that they hadn't filled the post. So I let them know I was back in the country, one thing led to another, and I went down for three days of interviews this week. It seems like a great fit, and I'm thrilled.

I'll keep you all posted as plans come together... :)

2 comments:

Anitra said...

good news! congrats!

Karen Sapio said...

Yeah! Congratulations!