Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Cha-cha-changes

I am no longer working for Covenant Network of Presbyterians. This is, for the most part, okay with me except for 1)income and 2)identity.

The income is not life or shelter threatening - but will be missed and needs to be replaced both for the good of the household and my own self-esteem. I've got plans however....

The identity shift is more in play. For a long time I've had a great front row seat on some major theological/polity struggles in this denomination. Now I don't. Nor do I have anything solid to replace it with - ie "Pastor Anitra" or "Executive Director Anitra." The closest I have, while I wait for the next thing is "Writer Anitra."

So, this morning's first task is to clear my desk of the past and then open up the MS Word screen to see what might be in the future.

How are you all doing? Who is going where for Labor Day? We'll be doing the last gasp summer campout up in the Redwoods. (oh boy, sleeping on the ground, I can hardly wait!)

Peace

No comments: