Monday, June 04, 2007

Nothing new really.

It's funny how much a dog can become just like its owner. We just found out this morning that our dog Roux has torn her Anterior Cruciate Ligament( ligament in the knee, also known as the ACL) and has arthritis in her knees. Apparently she is not as much as a mutt as we thought because she is predisposed to this injury as an almost pure breed Burmese Mountain Dog. For those who don't know every single member of my family has arthritis in our knees and wrists, we have all had at least one knee surgery, and my mother, sister, brother, and father have all torn their ACL's. So Roux is going to have surgery next week, and if you pray for dogs, pray for Roux. And if you know how much I love my dog, pray for my sanity during her surgery and recovery. Thanks.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Prayers being sent up for everyone involved. I know how hard it is when the furry members of our families need to have surgery. (very stressful) Keep me posted.
C.

Anitra said...

Oh Roux! I am sorry to hear this - and I look forward to a swift recovery. There remains many more tennis balls to fetch and protect. Peace to all and please keep us posted.

Alexis said...

The really sad, but totally the cutest thing ever, is because it hurts to run around and play fetch roux has taken to herding her tennis balls into the corner of her brand new fenced in yard and then laying on top of them. She is not the same dog when she can't run around and be crazy. But in a couple of months, during which I have to carry her up and down stairs and ice her leg, spoiled puppy, she will be back to normal.