Tuesday, April 10, 2007

So not across the country just yet.

So we thought we were going across the country, it being a good idea at the time and all, but then we started to actually get phone calls and interviews about jobs; and then lo and behold we were both hired to do jobs that utilized our education. Heather is now the Director of family and children Services at this monster sized Episcopalian Church in Downtown Atlanta. One of these huge, gothic looking, old Southern moneyed churches. The church is so big they have their own homeless shelter, food bank, and Training and Counseling Center. She will run all their education programs, supervise some staff (the church does have 12 ordained people on staff, HELLO!), get to boss around her very own seminary interns (ha, ha, ha those suckers), and do other stuff which she hasn't told me yet. I was just hired as the Director of Communications for another huge Episcopalian church here in Atlanta. All big churches down here have their own newspaper, send out at least 5,000 newsletters A WEEK, have a tv show, a radio show, and all sorts of other things that I will coordinate and write, which I think is super funny. And we are moving into a house. I have pictures, but I can't find the camera to download them onto the computer. It has a yard in which Roux can run around. Ok I think that is all.

Alexis, Heather, and Roux

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! Cogratulations on what sound like two very exciting new jobs! While we would have loved to have you all closer to the West Coast, it sounds like offers you couldn't refuse. And a house and yard for Roux (sounds like divine providence all the way around)
And now I've got folks to visit in Atlanta!

Anitra said...

What great news! I can't be more delighted for both of you!!!