Thursday, April 05, 2007

News from Wilbur




Hello friends -









Finally some news from Wilbur. I am sure you were all waiting with bated breath :) Everything is prepped and ready for Holy Week. Now all I have to do is lead the services. One of my parishoners that was on the PNC asked if I was planning on giving the Easter sermon from my DVD when they hired me. I took that as a sign, as she was really interested in the rest of the congregation hearing it, so that took some major pressure off. So on Sunday it will be "This is Easter" again.




Lars and I continue to enjoy Wilbur. We are eagerly awaiting Spring. I have lots of greenery coming up from my bulbs but no flowers yet. When they arrive I will post pictures. Lars and I are trying to grow a lawn and that is proving to be harder than it looks. We have sprouted some flamingos though (a fundraising event for the Miss Wilbur pagent.)

Lars is working as a cook most evenings. It is going ok. He is on the lookout for something better and will probably work at the pool this summer.


I am doing ok. Ministry is so much work. Note to self - don't try to write all the Holy Week services that week. Lars and I are headed to Kennewick to visit my folks after church on Sunday and are taking a few days off there which is good. On the whole I am happy, but also feeling a bit tired. I am looking forward to things slowing down and some vacation time in the summer.


Around the house, our new dog Milo keeps us all entertained. He is always on a lap or bugging a cat. We sure enjoy his bright spirit in the house as we await warmer weather.


Well, I hope that everyone is doing well. Easter blessings to you all!


2 comments:

steph said...

Hey Heather! Good to hear from you. I was thinking of your Easter sermon, too. (It would be really cool if you would post it.) I can still hear you and almost feel the wet dew on my toes as we make our way to the tomb.

I'm enjoying a white Easter -- snow on the daffy-dills and forsythias! Poor Easter bunny better be careful -- naturally camoflaged (maybe that's why Easter eggs are so festively decorated!?!). Sunrise services have been moved indoors -- although the sunrises here are pretty spectacular even when the temps are below freezing. I remember last Easter in NoCA...rain and dark...dark..dark...sitting in Covenant in Napa with Jim and Donna (her first Easter without Robert). Hard to believe it's been a year already. And I've been here 3 month and 17 days.

Love the sprouting flamingos; what in the world will you use for fertilizer?? Jim and I have plans to start working on our yard, too. After the thaw.

Easter blessings to you all!
Much love,
steph

Cheryl said...

The flamingos are sooo cool (and I'd hang onto them if I were you as they, believe it or not are not making them anymore. The original company shut down! Don't ask me how I know this.)
Looks like the boys are getting along just fine with your new addition to the family.
Happy Easter to you all!
C.