Friday, March 02, 2007

James Ordination!

















The gang gathers to raise a glass (or two) to our dear friends James and Mary!




The Rev. James Kosko


Ok so better late than never. I have finally gotten my act together to get this post done. Everyone please feel free to add your comments about the ordination. Although it was probably the longest ordination I've been to yet it was worth every minute to get to see James loved on and affirmed by such a great cloud of witnesses.
Ok so now I've done my part all-be-it a little sloppily (I'll get the hang of it someday) Who knew it wouldn't put the pictures where I wanted them but you all get the idea anyway.

Love to you all, can't wait for the next one!

Cheryl





2 comments:

Bob said...

Hi, All,
What a weekend! James' ordination was amazing--as Cheryl said, what a wonderful cloud of witnesses. About 150 people came to the service, from "North, South, East, and West." There were folks from Broadmoor PC, where James did his internship, Elk Grove UCC, his new church, Kenwood UCC, his home church, and the site of the service, and a good crowd from school. Charles was there to take part in the service, and it was good to see him. The party pictures are great.
Sue and I drove down on Saturday and stayed Saturday and Sunday nights at the manse in Elk Grove (thanks for the air mattress, Cheryl). An extra treat was getting to meet James' brother John and sister in law Jana, who came from Michigan to attend the ordination. We attended service in Elk Grove on Sunday morning and got to meet James' new congregation. They're really excited about James' arrival.
It was great to see everybody, and catch up on what folks are doing. I think it was an especially good start for James' new ministry.
Peace and Blessings
Bob

Cheryl said...

And Bob "forgot" to mention that he preached at the EG church that Sunday morning. (which I know James appreciated)