Monday, November 06, 2006

Moving



Dear Friends,
I have just about cleared my office of all "stephanie" stuff -- no pictures, no pottery, no books! It feels very strange, to say the very least. Lots of teasing about cold weather and encouragement to soak up all the warm November sun that we're experiencing just now.

Today I rolled up my big "cloud of witnesses" bulletin board to take with me; it has most of your smiling faces and others' from graduations that I have celebrated in my 6 years here.

Jim and I will close on our brand new house next week and the movers will be here on Monday to pack us up and move us out(although we won't actually go to Michigan until the end of the semester). If you're interested, I can send you an email with our contact information and timeline. We'll actually be hanging out in one of the sabbatical apts in Hunter while all our worldly possessions travel ahead of us to Michigan. Our realtor knows someone who will make sure the stuff gets placed in the appropriate rooms; when we arrive (around Dec. 20/21, Lord willing & the snow don't fall) we'll begin the fun of finding ourselves in a new house, a new state, a whole new life! YIKES!

Lots of mixed feelings -- mostly good, mostly exciting -- some trepdiation and no little amount of sleepless nights figuring out where the piano will go and if our new family room will hold the old sofa and chair. What kind of fridge and washer dryer to get? Long coat? Boots? Ice scraper and shovel?!! How's Sammy (our self-righteous cat) going to deal with this? He'll have to be a totally indoor kitty now and fortunately for us, he has no real say in the matter although he has taken to yowling as only Siamese self-righteous kitties can do...

Anyway...these are the thoughts for now. I think about you often, hold you close in my heart and miss you soooooooo much!

4 comments:

Anitra said...

what? already? I blame the weather. If its 78 degrees its still August or September!

gotta get back on that lunch thing... grrr...soon as I get back from ohio which means monday.

hugs
Anitra

Anonymous said...

Blessing to you and Jim, Steph. Keeping you in my prayers as you make this transition!

Cheryl said...

Ah yes the 'ol Siamese yowl, something we have gotten used to with my Sam as well. Hang in there he'll be ok and so will you.
I miss you and Jim already.

James said...

We are just SO appreciative that Steph is hangin' around until after the Service for Lessons and Carols. She is a blessing on the 88s so Dan can do what Dan does best...direct!